Women's Leadership Council
What is the Women's Leadership Council?
The Women's Leadership Council (WLC) is a United Way of Central Virginia program that connects women through philanthropy, leadership and community activism. Together, women identify and address critical needs int he area such as education, health or income; raise funds to meet these needs; and collectively decide how the funds they raise will be distributed. Becoming advocates for a common goal fosters the Council members' own values of leadership and philanthropy even as hope and change are brought to the lives of others less fortunate.
Our mission is to mobilize the caring power of women who are united by a shared passion: improving the quality of life in their community.
Benefits to you-
What is expected from a member?
- Make a minimum financial commitment of $1,000 per year to the WLC (age 40 and above),
or $500 per year (age 39 and under), above your annual contribution to the campaign
- Choose a join a WLC committee
- Choose to host a WLC event
- Attend WLC events and encourage others to join
- Be a spokesperson for United Way and its Women's Leadership Council
- Steering Committee Members:
- United Way Staff Representatives-Marie Martin, Joan Phelps
Special Events/Volunteer Engagements
The WLC has the full backing and support of United Way of Central Virginia. It is an independent United Way program for which United Way provides administrative support, financial accounting and printing services. The Council also is a member of United Way's National Women's Leadership Council and establishes Central Virginia as one of the over 100 communities nationwide with their own Women's Leadership Council.
Check out our Facebook page